Soundtrack Your Brand is a B2B scale-up company providing music streaming services to more than 50,000 businesses in over 70 countries, from the café round the corner to bigger brands like McDonald's, Toni & Guy and TAG Heuer.
The company consists of 80+ talented, motivated and humble employees. We believe in product-led growth, where the product is the primary driver of customer acquisition, conversion and expansion. Our headquarters are located in central Stockholm (Odenplan).
We're looking for a senior backend engineer to join our Content Service (CS) team. You will play a central role in the team, which is responsible for all our content (music) related infrastructure. This involves everything from content ingestion, music metadata, playlist management and royalty reporting. We firmly believe in fair traded music and that creators should be compensated fairly. The team plays a crucial role in calculating royalty payments and reporting of these to labels and publishers. We work daily with finding a balance between delivering usable high level features and exposing low level building blocks for other teams to build an amazing music experience on top off. Our technology stack is primarily made up of Scala (ZIO & Scio/Dataflow) and Go running on Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform. We believe your experience and curiosity allow you to pick up a lot as you go.
- Designing and building the systems needed to realize our product roadmap.
- Improving, evolving and replacing existing systems and APIs.
- Making sure our systems stay performant, reliable and cost efficient.
- Helping the team grow as a whole by sharing knowledge and lifting each other up.
We're looking to work with people who are friendly, professional, humble, open, and with a passion for details. You are not a stranger to describing yourself as:
- Self-sustaining – you enjoy working independently, taking initiatives and planning your own time.
- Curious – you like to learn new things and grow both professionally as well as personally.
- A good communicator – you enjoy discussing different solutions and strategies for technical challenges and aren’t afraid to voice your opinion in a constructive manner.
- Adaptable – you feel comfortable in a dynamic environment where focus lies in what’s important here and now, with the ability to realize when it's time to change the game plan and when to stick to it.
- Strong experience in designing and building reliable and performant systems and APIs.
- A DevOps mindset – as a team we own our services from code to production. You build it, you run it.
- Strong experience with building systems in cloud environments (GCP, AWS or Azure).
- Knowledge and experience of different kinds of data storage & messaging solutions and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Experience with observability and monitoring of distributed systems using tools like distributed tracing.
Meriting experience (not required)
- General interest in music and/or music technology
- Previous experience of Scala and/or Go
- Experience with building authentication and authorization at scale
- Comfortable with setting up on CI, CD and Docker for the systems you build
- Running services and workloads in Kubernetes
- gRPC APIs , GraphQL APIs and libraries (we use Caliban on the backend and Apollo for clients)
- Experience or interest in functional programming
- Automated testing
- You have the freedom to decide where you work the best with our Work From Anywhere program with a one-off setup bonus included
- Generous pension plan
- Yearly budget for health, wellness and personal development
- Laptop and mobile phone of your choice with included cellular subscription.
- Regular social activities such as team events, meet ups, after works and off-sites
- Daily breakfast served at the office